Hey everyone! I hope you are having an amazing summer. Mine has been quite challenging. But I have found that blogging about the things I love is my happy place.
Jaclyn Hill uploaded a new video and I am obsessed with the new techniques she has used in it.
What I Loved from this Tutorial
- She really experiments with the highlighters in this tutorial. I think She has invented a way to really glow without looking like the Tin man from the Wizard of Oz. She first puts a very pigmented liquid highlighter into her foundation. I believe it is called Cover FX liquid highlighter ( please correct me if I am wrong). The foundation she uses is a Jocie Maren Vibrancy foundation. She said it is already very vibrant and duey anyway and adding the highlighter just adds another level of awesomeness.
- Jaclyn insists that the best way to make your foundation look flawless is to apply it with a synthetic bristle brush and then go over it with a beauty blender. I would have to agree with her on this. I have done this before and it had an air brush effect.
- If you thought she was done with the highlighters you were wrong. She then uses a Lancôme Absolute Powder. It has a very pretty sheen too it, and reminds me of a subtle highlight. She puts this all over her face but omits her under eyes because she wants to avoid showing her imperfections. I thought I would not be a fan of this but I am actually in love with this look and wanting to try it out because it is new and exciting to do in the summer.
- She uses her new makeup creation duo for a highlighter for blush. When she put it on I was like WOW… This shimmer…. The vibrancy!!!! I want it!!!
- I loved that she did not contour for this look. all she did was used a bronzer on the outer part of her face. It looked very good and not over done. I have been wanting to find a way to bronze without contouring just for an easy summery look. I hope I figure it out soon.
You need to check out this tutorial! it was so inspiring to me and I loved watching it!!!